Monday, May 23, 2016

Unity is Key

"May the Lord lead your hearts into God's love and Christ's patience." (2 Thess. 3:5)


Love is the glue of unity. Unity doesn't have to be created. The bible never says that we have to "build" unity. Unity is a byproduct of love. It flows naturally from this spring and it results in biblical evangelism. Jesus said, "All people will know that you are my followers if you love each other." (John 13:35)

Is it that simple? I believe that it is. Maybe the Beatles were right! Maybe all we really do need is love. Love for God. Love for others. Love for truth. The list goes on. Yet unity becomes evident when there is genuine love among the body of believers.

How do we protect it? That is the question!

We must follow the Lord's lead. Preferences and personalities must give way to the Lord's guidance in love and the patience of Jesus. Patience shown toward others. Toward those who disagree with us. Toward those who are different than we are. Toward those who just don't "get" it. We protect unity by unconditionally loving those who bring new meaning to the word longsuffering.

And, at the end of the day, people will know. The community will know. The agenda is the same, though opinions may vary. The agenda is love. Unity displays itself as the patience of Jesus is promoted.

Unity is protected. Jesus is lifted up. God is glorified.

Sounds like a good church to me.

Blessings,

Pastor Ross

2 comments:

Cindy Walters said...

Sounds like a good church to me too! I certainly want to be a part of it! Thank you Pastor Ross for speaking God's words to my heart!

Cindy Walters said...

Sounds like a good church to me too! I certainly want to be a part of it! Thank you Pastor Ross for speaking God's words to my heart!