Monday, June 13, 2016

A Bride Awaits

"I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. It was prepared like a bride dressed for her husband." (Revelation 21:2)


If there was a moment in my life that I had anticipated more, I cannot remember it. The moment that I laid eyes on my beautiful bride, coming down the aisle of the sanctuary on our wedding day, is a moment that I will cherish forever. That moment was filled with such promise. The promise of her presence in my life. The promise of love. The promise of faithfulness. The promise of friendship. The promise of purity. The promise of companionship. All of these promises and so many more!

I remember thinking that I was a very blessed young man. And, by the grace of God, I am living with the realization of those promises every day of my life.

Yet, I still look forward to another wedding day. Our Lord Jesus is going to return. And, He will claim His bride--the church. And when all is said and done, I will be anticipating another bride. I will be anticipating another set of promises. I will be anticipating the new heaven--the holy city. The new Jerusalem. The aisle will not be in a church building. The aisle will be that city's walk from Heaven to Earth. God is going to give her away to us. Our Lord has been preparing her in purity. She (the city) will be radiant and full of eternal promises. The promises of God's presence. The promises of God's love. The promises of God's faithfulness. The promises of God's friendship. The promises of purity (no more sin). The promises of companionship (no more loneliness).

All of these promises and so many more!

And, we will live with the realization of these promises for eternity. Now that is something to look forward to!

Have a blessed day!

Pastor Ross

No comments: